Technical Support for Macintosh
Select MacTCP from the Control Panels section under the
Apple menu. You may see a panel with several icons, including PPP,
LocalTalk, maybe EtherTalk or SLIP as well. The number of icons depends
on the settings for your computer and determine the possibility of/and
types of networks your computer can connect to.
- Click on the PPP icon.
(Underneath the window with the PPP icon in it, there is an
area labeled 'IP Address'. We can ignore that because we will not be filling
- Click the More... button. Now the main MacTCP window will open.
- On the upper left, under the heading Obtain Address:, select
the Server button.
- On the lower right, under the heading Domain Name Server Information,
in the column headed Domain, type 'fci.net'. In the column headed
IP Address, type '188.8.131.52'and click the Default button
on the right to set the first line as default. On the second line, in the
column headed Domain, type '.' (a single period) then in the IP
Address box next to it, type'184.108.40.206'.
- Click the OK button in the lower left and you will be back at
the MacTCP window.
- Now you can close MacTCP.
- And we are all finished with MacTCP. Now (if you have already configured
your Config PPP)
you are ready to RESTART your computer, so it can load all the changes
that we made in the extentions and control panels. Then you are ready to
connect to FCI !.